Title: Director, Sagana Consulting
Location: Any location in India – this is a fully-remote position
Reports to: Business Unit Leads and Co-Founder
Sagana is a global impact investment advisory firm working to unleash the potential of people, capital, and business to improve human and planetary health. We are passionate about advising, investing in, and growing companies that are successfully solving some of the biggest challenges of our time - and to helping other investors to do the same. We leverage decades of experience in private equity, impact advisory, and entrepreneurship to scale big ideas that create an abundant, thriving world for all.
Our name means “Abundance” in Tagalog, and this is core to who we are. To learn more about what sets us apart, check out our video: Sagana - Unleashing Potential
Sagana Consulting advises investors, development organizations, foundations and other allocators of capital on maximizing the transformational effect of their resources. We draw on our expertise as investors combined with our deep understanding of local markets to co-create investment strategies and financial vehicles that empower our clients to deepen their positive impact. Our clients include organizations like the Swiss Agency for Development and Co-operation, BII, DFAT, responsAbility, the Gates Foundation, and Cartier Women’s Initiative.
We are hiring a director-level consultant with an unwavering enthusiasm for impact to grow our impact investing consulting practice. You will direct multiple projects simultaneously across a range of high-growth industries and client types. You will lead project teams to landscape impact investing opportunities, develop investment strategies, design and structure investment vehicles, support portfolio companies, and measure and supervise impact success. You will contribute actively in both business development and internal initiatives. In other words, you will play a pivotal role in accelerating Sagana’s growth.
Our ideal is a colleague who combines the analytic and problem-solving skills of a strategy consultant, the scrappiness and relationship-building skills of an entrepreneur, and the multi-culture & global-mindedness of an international professional. If this is you, let’s talk asap!
- Proactively lead projects to develop impact investing strategies, processes, and portfolios for clients, as well as conduct research and analysis of markets, sectors, companies, and business models. You will engage deeply with the technical content and produce deliverables yourself, alongside project team members that you manage
- Ensure high-quality, on-time delivery across multiple projects at once, by building and directing workplans, timelines and budgets
- Work directly with purpose-driven portfolio companies to scale their businesses and impact
- Effectively develop and deepen relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders – both to execute on projects and to build Sagana’s network
- Strengthen existing client relationships and identify/cultivate new ones that generate new business for Sagana. As a director, you will write proposals and pitch new projects to both existing and new clients
Skills and Experience:
- Have at least 10 years of relevant work experience, with at least 3 years successfully working in a well-established consulting firm. You know how to be a great consultant.
- Experience working in emerging markets is a plus. Experience working with culturally diverse client and colleague teams is a must! You are a global citizen who thrives working remotely and across time-zones
- Understanding of investing, catalytic capital and/or blended finance. You have done at least two of the following on a regular basis: conducted due diligence, provided buy/sell advisory, worked at an impact investing fund, guided a social enterprise, worked at a development organization or foundation etc.
- Commitment to and experience in at least one social or environmental impact area. Sagana’s preference is one of the following topics: climate finance, circular economy, renewable energy, food and agriculture, blended finance.
- Strong project management skills in leading complex projects with multiple and diverse stakeholders. You work seamlessly across sectors. Experience with foundations and development agencies is a plus.
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial culture. You get things done, pay attention to details as well as strategy and dive deep into the work when necessary. You like to build new ventures and your commitment to quality is unwavering.
- Skilled communicator, both written and oral. Strong presentation and facilitation skills. Fearless in delivering challenging messages.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of other languages is an added advantage.
Our shared values guide all that we do:
- Courage - Is what empowers us to think differently, ask difficult questions, speak our minds, act on what we believe in, and find opportunities that others don’t always see
- Authenticity - Is what guides us to bring our whole selves to our endeavors and not hide behind a mask. It brings out our honesty, creativity, and enthusiasm that allows us to use our full potential in delivering our work
- Respect - Is the foundation of all relationships – with ourselves, our clients and partners, our colleagues, our communities, and our planet
- Responsibility - Is what we take for the world in which we live. We hold ourselves accountable for the decisions we make and the actions we take as people and as a company every day
- Excellence - We are committed to being our best. Because creating a better future takes more than good intentions
We are actively creating a workplace where authentic communication, collaboration, and inclusion enable people to become their best selves both personally and professionally while having a career with purpose and impact.