Title: Investment Manager
Location: India – this is a fully-remote position
Reports to: Business Unit Leads and Co-Founder
Sagana is a global impact investment advisory firm working to unleash the potential of people, capital, and business to improve human and planetary health. We are passionate about advising, investing in, and growing companies that are successfully solving some of the biggest challenges of our time - and helping other investors to do the same. We leverage decades of experience in private equity, impact advisory, and entrepreneurship to scale big ideas that create an abundant, thriving world for all.
Our name means “Abundance” in Tagalog, and this is core to who we are. To learn more about what sets us apart, check out our video: Sagana - Unleashing Potential
SAGANA Capital connects forward-thinking investors with game-changing investment opportunities that significantly improve human and planetary health.
We partner with individuals, families, and foundations to co-create an impact that will last for generations by investing in pre-Series A through Series C rounds as well as funds with a significant social/environmental impact. We invest mainly across the following topic areas: climate tech, energy transition, synthetic biology, sustainable fashion, food & agriculture, plastics & recycling, and healthcare & life sciences.
Our deep sector expertise, on-the-ground insights, and global perspective allow us to develop, build and manage personalized portfolios that deliver tangible results by aligning outstanding financial returns with positive social and environmental impact.
We are hiring an investment professional, who has experience in implementing venture capital/private equity deals with positive impact and attractive financial returns and who can add significant value to portfolio management.
We are searching for a confident investment professional who combines the analytic and problem-solving skills of a seasoned consultant, the scrappiness and business-building skills of an entrepreneur, the investment skills of a venture capital professional, and the multi-culture and global-mindedness of an international manager. If this is you, let’s talk!
- Investment sourcing: Lead in identifying and developing new investment opportunities in thematic areas that align with our values, clients, and approach
- Deal execution: Lead investment opportunities through various stages of the investment process, including initial screening, presentation to the Sagana internal investment committee, detailed business and financial due diligence, execution, and closure
- Reporting and client engagement: Prepare, present, and maintain detailed investment documentation for our clients on a quarterly basis
- Portfolio management: Constantly aim to increase the positive impact of our portfolio companies by adding value in critical areas of strategy, operations, business development, finance, organizational building, and governance
- Impact management: Understand and track key metrics to monitor the progress being made by portfolio organizations on the goals around social, environmental, and financial returns
- Effectively develop and deepen relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
Skills and Experience:
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience with at least 2 as an investment professional, with a focus on financial and business due diligence in one of our core thematic themes
- Passion for impact investing, proven sector knowledge in at least one of Sagana's thematic areas - climate tech, energy transition, synthetic biology, sustainable fashion, food & agriculture, plastics & recycling, and healthcare & life sciences
- Proven experience providing support to businesses at multiple levels including operations, strategy, and governance, having worked with a variety of portfolio companies, or having worked directly in a key operating role within an organization
- High-quality interpersonal skills, with an ability to work well within an intercultural, diverse team and with global entrepreneurs and stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to formulate and present analysis and recommendations in a clear and concise manner. Commitment to the highest quality of work with solid attention to detail and follow-through. You hold yourself and your teammates to high-quality standards
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of other languages is an added advantage
Our shared values guide all that we do:
- Courage - Is what empowers us to think differently, ask difficult questions, speak our minds, act on what we believe in and find opportunities that others don’t always see
- Authenticity - Is what guides us to bring our whole selves to our endeavors and not hide behind a mask. It brings out our honesty, creativity and enthusiasm that allows us to use our full potential in delivering our work
- Respect - Is the foundation of all relationships – with ourselves, our clients and partners, our colleagues, our communities, and our planet
- Responsibility - Is what we take for the world in which we live. We hold ourselves accountable for the decisions we make and the actions we take as individuals and as a company every day
- Excellence - We are committed to being our best. Because creating a better future takes more than good intentions
We are actively creating a workplace where authentic communication, collaboration, and inclusion enable people to become their best selves both personally and professionally while having a career with purpose and impact.
To be considered for this career opportunity, please submit your CV to Sree Radhakrishnan at Sree.firstname.lastname@example.org